Sunday, June 10

Scars & Stories


I finally have a copy of Scars & Stories, The Fray's latest studio album. Before the purchase, I'd only listened to a few tracks on The Fray's website, and to "The Fighter"a couple of times on Katz's iPod.

I have The Fray's three studio albums in my library, all of which I bought in physical form. This is a distinction unique to The Fray among the artists in my collection. Fall Out Boy has a similar distinction: I bought both of the FOB albums in my library (Infinity on High and Folie à Deux) as well. The Fray, however, is my only complete and bought-on-CD collection. I swore to myself I wouldn't obtain Scars & Stories through any other means. Such is my devotion to them.

Speaking of The Fray, if you follow the band you might have heard that their Manila concert has been moved to November 10 from its original June 21 date. There has also been a change of venue, from SM's spanking new MOA Arena to the Araneta Coliseum. I hear they postponed it because the tickets haven't been selling very well.

On one hand, this doesn't reflect very well on the Philippines' taste in music. Lady Gaga's concert sold out two nights in a row but we can't give the boys from Denver a chance? (Alternatively, I could go the hipster way and say you guys don't know what you're missing out on.)

To be honest, though, I was kind of happy the concert got postponed. See, I only had enough money for two upper box tickets (for myself and Katz). Actually, I only had enough money for two General Admission tickets, but Katz asked me if I really wanted my first concert experience to be from the rafters, and very kindly agreed to chip in the balance so we could afford the upper box seats.

The postponement means we have a good few months more to save up for better seats, hopefully. The news about the weak ticket sales is also exciting, because it leaves the possibility of prices going down as the concert draws nearer!

A couple of years ago, I swore to myself that my first concert experience would be with either The Fray or Coldplay. Seems like my dream will finally come true in five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment