Saturday, May 25

Rappler internship

The press row at the PICC.
Thanks to Ate Sheila for the picture!

I've been away for most of the summer, but if most of you spent it in beaches or on trips abroad (ehem, Katz!), I took an internship with Rappler. I filed stories from the Comelec beat for Rappler's election coverage, and if you take a look at #PHVote coverage, you might see my byline on quite a few of the stories there.

Election coverage was fulfilling and humbling. I spent three years sitting in writing classes and discussions on ethics as a Journalism student. But what really put me through my paces was fighting for room during ambush interviews and trying to formulate questions that wouldn't be dismissively answered by Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes, Jr.

As souvenirs I have with me two IDs that share the distinction of being my first press cards: one from Rappler, and another, my media accreditation ID from the Comelec for the midterm elections. What a great way to start off.

Now it's on to grueling Senior Year, which I hope will be my last as a Journalism student. Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment