Saturday, July 9

Tonight as I was crossing the Philcoa footbridge

I was holding back a lump in my throat, being all emo and overthinking.

When I got to Mercury Drug I saw a street kid buy a pack of juice, which couldn't have cost more than P10, cradle it in his hands and consume it the way you and I would pore over a new gadget or toy.

The lady I was sitting next to on the jeep dropped a piece of change and lost it to the abyss underneath the seats. Moments later she called out to a guy smoking on the sidewalk and asked him to get on. He sat next to her, and she started to tell him about how she had just lost her phone and iPod touch. (The loose change she lost seemed a cruel cosmic punch line.)

You can't expect every day to be great. But life's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment