Tuesday, June 14

To the woman at National Bookstore Technohub

who was paying for her purchases at the counter while Katz and I stood behind her waiting for our turn.

When I pulled out my wallet, a five-peso coin fell out of my pocket and onto the floor, too. I bent over to pick it up and you turned to me, said "Thank you," and stuck your hand out, apparently thinking the money was yours.

Don't worry. It was every bit as awkward for me as it was for you; the guy giggling behind the counter as he bagged your stuff didn't help things, either. If it makes you feel any better, I was thisclose to just giving you the money to avoid the awkwardness.

So, uh, yeah. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. nyahahah~ you should have taken her photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haw haw. She tried to steal money from you.

    ReplyDelete